Wing Kei Montessori School is a new – established Montessori school in the lovely Highland Park Community of Calgary Alberta. Our school provides a professional, warm, family-friendly atmosphere for your students, teachers, and parents. If you are a patient, dedicated teacher with a positive, joyful disposition who is passionate about providing a respectful and nurturing environment for children of all ages, you are welcome to join us.
Working closely with the Casa/Bambini Lead Guides (or Designated), the Casa/Bambini Assistant will be responsible for the safety, care and support the education of our students. Abiding by Montessori principles and Wing Kei values, this assistant takes on a key role in the care and nurturing of students as well as assists in all related programming.
- Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei Montessori School vision and mission
- Assist in delivering developmentally appropriate education in alignment with the Montessori Curriculum to meet the needs of children in a group setting including:
- incorporates learning experiences to foster student group’s intellectual, emotional, behavioral development
- As assigned, lead the student group in singing, story-time, outdoor activities in playground or infield trips in accordance with Montessori program guidelines
- attends to physical needs of children; instructs and assists in developing self-help skills such as washing, dressing, toileting, and eating, as necessary; attends to diapering needs; ensures children are fed accordingly with special dietary requirements being met
- Work in an informative, professional manner with families of children under our care, respecting confidentiality and privacy at all times
- Supports administration and coordination of the program’s activities; e.g. records attendance; participates in special events and/or committee meetings; monitors /manages program supplies; keeps site management team advised of pertinent information
- Regularly monitor legal compliance and internal controls including health and safety guidelines, administration of medication and first aid; managing records and reports accidents and serious occurrences; safe operation of all equipment including special needs equipment if required; monitors children’s health, records and reports on illness and special health conditions; promotes disinfecting of toys and activity areas other housekeeping duties as needed; give immediate attention to any health and safety hazards
- Maintains own professional development to keep up-to-date with early childhood education pedagogy
- Supports ongoing evaluation and improvement of the school’s various programs
- As needed, provide training to others who are assisting and volunteering in the school
The Individual Who Will Succeed
- Is aligned with Wing Kei Montessori School’s vision and mission to deliver excellence in care
- Minimum requirement - Child development assistant certificate (ECE level 1) with 2-3 years of work experience in an Early Learning and Care Program (e.g. Daycare)
- Montessori certification preferred; any applicants without Montessori Classroom experience are required to complete an one-week in house training
- Is an individual who honors confidentiality, professionalism; exhibits consistent sound judgement
- Fluency in English required; second language such as Chinese (Mandarin / Cantonese), French, or Spanish is preferred
- Possess strong communications skills, including ability to take accurate and detailed notes regarding a student’s development, and/or any incidents
- has values-based and effective strategies for student management and conflict resolution
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills; role models respect, sensitivity for individual differences
- Has the ability to complete work within a team and independently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast pace environment; is timely in escalating issues
- High personal energy level appropriate for this age group – you find working with children to be meaningful and joyful
- Demonstrates keen desire to respectfully nurture and care for students from diverse backgrounds
- Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check clearance and valid First Aid certificate required
- Immunization in accordance with current AHS recommendation for Child Care Workers required
- Valid Food Handler Certification (approved by the province of Alberta) holders preferred
- Is eager to grow and learn; enthusiastic to be part of a new school
- Basic office computer skills will be an asset
How to Apply
Our facilitiy offer newly-renovated brightly-colored classrooms flexible for multi-use and different age-group programming, as well as an on site playground and walking distance to various parks and amenities. We offer a competitive salary and opportunities for application to addition grants, subsidies and professional development.
We are an equity employer and encourage applications from men and women, persons with disabilities and visible minorities who may contribute to the wellbeing of our students.
If you are eager to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families, apply now!