- What is the latest update regarding your school?
Our school year officially started on September 2ndand our children have been enjoying their days at school since then. The classrooms are fully equipped with Montessori materials for the children to explore. The teachers and supporting staff are working diligently with the children and ensuring they feel safe and comfortable at the school. The children also enjoy our daily snacks and lunches provided by our Wing Kei Kitchen. Parents are receiving daily reports of their children on their daily activities.
- What is the current school registration like? How to get more information or register for WKMS?
Since the opening of the school, there has been a growing interest from the community. We have been receiving inquiries daily and we are still open for registration. For more information, please visit our website at www.wingkeimontessoris.org or call us at (403) 769-1646.
- Since there are so many school outbreaks, what is WKMS doing to help prevent COVID outbreak?
- Mandatory COVID questionnaire for both students and staff
- COVID screening in the school lobby for both students and staff
- School provides masks to students and staff
- Constant handwashing (designated hand-washing area)
- Hand sanitizer dispenser throughout the school premise for staff to use (not for children)
- Children and staff remain in their own cohort throughout the day
- Children and staff always have a mask on
- Materials are cleaned and sanitized between use and fully disinfected on a daily basis
- Table partitions
- Small number of children in spacious classrooms to allow social distancing